Write an announcement that is 20 seconds or less (300 characters or less). Your announcement will be recorded at the KPTZ studio. Be sure you have your submission edited with the information you need stated.
“Northwest Kidney Centers holds its 9th annual Breakfast of Hope fundraiser on May 19th at Seattle’s Westin Hotel. The event features illusionist and three‐time kidney transplant recipient Michael Grasso. Registration and more information at nwkidney.org.”
“On Saturday, June 4 at 7 p.m. the PT Songlines Spring Sing takes place at the Cotton Building, 650 Water St. The concert includes songs from around the world, audience participation pieces, and new works. All proceeds will go to educate young women in Uganda.”
PSAs are not advertisements and are not underwriting messages. They do not market a product or an endeavor.
KPTZ considers submissions that:
- Are not related to candidates running for political office, have a political agenda or directly represent a specific religious denomination, faith, or point of view.
- Do not solicit funds, solicit volunteers to solicit funds, or promote a “members only” event.
- It cannot use qualitative language such as “this unjust war,” “award-winning jazz trio,” or “unbeatable service.” However, if an individual or a group has received a specific and well-known award, that may be included.
- It cannot mention prices or discounts of any kind. It cannot say that something is “free” or that “donations are accepted.” You may, however, say something like “proceeds from this event benefit such and such” or that a class is “fee-based.”
- It cannot include a call to action (e.g. “don’t miss it,” “get your tickets now,” “join the march”).
- Must include a date, time, location and contact information.
- It should avoid potentially difficult-to-pronounce words or provide a pronunciation guide.
- It should be written in the third person, using short, upbeat sentences in a conversational tone.
- Submit your announcement at least TWO WEEKS prior to the time you want it to air.
- Submit your copy in the body of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put a start date and end date in the subject line.