KPTZ airs the local area Community Calendars each weekday at 8am, noon, and 5pm. Each broadcast is a compilation of the day’s events. We hope this community service will assist organizations and events in getting the word out.
NOTE: Music and performance events are featured on KPTZ Community Calendars as a separate section we call the KPTZ Entertainment Calendar, on Mondays through Thursdays.
On Fridays, since the Calendars also include both weekend days, we now produce the KPTZ Entertainment Calendars to include music and performance events as separate airings. These are broadcast Thursdays at 5:05pm and 6:55pm, Fridays at 10am, 12:05pm, 7pm, and Saturdays at 10am and 5pm (7 times, total).
To submit your event to the KPTZ Community Calendar, review the submission guidelines below, then email your event information in the body of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least a week ahead of time. For music and performance events, we encourage you also to :cc these submissions to email@example.com.
In the subject line, be sure to include the weekday and calendar date of your event. We get quite a number of emails every day at that address, and different people do each day’s Calendar, so having both the day and date in the subject line really helps the chances of keeping your listings from getting lost.
All listings will be presented as a short description of the event, date, time. We appreciate your submissions and encourage you to help our hard working Calendar writers by writing the information much as the words will be presented when recorded for broadcast.
Calendar Submission Guidelines
- We do not read press releases or lengthy announcements.
- Our goal is to keep the total Calendar air time to five minutes, so some days we may include extended descriptions, while on busy days announcements must be trimmed.
- We try to include everyone while recognizing that the primary purpose of this Community Calendar is to promote local activities for education and entertainment.
- The Community Calendar is not for advertising ongoing events. For ongoing promotions, please see our Underwriting page for more information.
- We do not include phone numbers and only include web addresses if they are easy to say and for people to remember.
- The less re-writing required on our part, the more likely an event will be included.
- A Calendar listing is different from a Public Service Announcement (PSA). See the PSA description for further clarification.
- To help ensure being included in KPTZ’s calendar announcements, please submit your event no later than two weeks ahead.