Each weekday at 8am, noon, and 5pm, KPTZ broadcasts a compilation of the day’s events. Although we don’t air the Community Calendar on weekends, we do feature weekend events on the Friday Calendar. KPTZ hopes that this community service will assist you in getting the word out.
To submit your event to the KPTZ On-Air Community Calendar, review the submission guidelines below, then email your event information in the body of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the event date in the subject line.
All listings will be edited into a short description of the event, date, time, plus contact information for those who seek more information about your event.
Calendar Submission Guidelines
- We do not read press releases or lengthy announcements.
- Our goal is to keep the total Calendar air time to five minutes, so some days we may fill the time with extended descriptions, while on busy days announcements must be trimmed.
- We try to include everyone. However, the primary purpose of this Community Calendar is to promote local activities for education and entertainment.
- The Community Calendar is not for advertising ongoing events. For ongoing promotions, please see our underwriting page for more information.
- We do not include phone numbers or web addresses unless they are easy to say and for people to remember.
- The less re-writing required on our part, the more likely an event will be included.
- A Calendar listing is different from a Public Service Announcement (PSA). See the PSA description for further clarification.
- To ensure being included in our calendar announcements, please submit your event no later than two weeks ahead.