At today’s Public Health Briefings for the Jefferson County Commissioners, Public Health Officer Dr. Tom Locke discussed:
- Jefferson County’s case count remains admirably low, with 2 new cases added over the weekend for total of 79.
- Governor’s Safe Start program: even though Jefferson County is in Phase 2, a number of previously limited to Phase 3 activities are now permitted during the current phase, e.g., use of libraries, movie theaters, and weddings.
- Procedures for quarantine, following exposure
- Use of “Humanity Face Shields”
- Procedures for local school students, designed to keep schools open while assuring kids safe.
- Concerns for opening the pools
Willie Bence discussed:
- Activation for this emergency continues
- DEM website has updates weekly, on any developments
- WA DOH has provided PPE for the school districts
Submit your Public Health questions to Dr. Tom Locke by emailing [email protected].