At today’s Public Health Briefings to the Jefferson County Commissioners, Public Health Officer Dr. Tom Locke discussed:
- Jefferson County case count remains at 71, no new cases in 2 weeks.
- The local schools have been in session for a month and are examples for other counties, statewide.
- KPTZ questions: dilute bleach, isopropyl alcohol are sanitizing agents. Alcohol-based wipes are a preferred product.
- For gyms, distancing guideline is 300 square feet between people, or a 17-foot radius.
- PCR antigen test is the “gold standard” for Covid testing.
- County Commissioners are looking at ways for Jefferson County to maintain, encourage and support behaviors that keep the incidence of Covid-19 cases low in our area.
Submit your Public Health questions to Dr. Tom Locke by emailing [email protected].