MEMBERS KEEP THE HEART OF OUR KPTZ COMMUNITY BEATING!
KPTZ is a nonprofit community radio station that depends on listeners for support.
KPTZ is more than bricks and mortar, broadcast generators and online streams. It is a gathering place for artists and hosts, for members and donors, and businesses and volunteers who share a vision about music and culture. KPTZ a living, breathing community of listeners.
A GIFT TO KPTZ IS REALLY A GIFT PASSED THROUGH KPTZ INTO OUR COMMUNITY.
Your membership gift is an opportunity to invest in:
- A station that is centrally located in the vibrant community of Port Townsend
- A group of folks who believe in giving their time and energy for the benefit of our community
- A platform for sharing issues of concern and importance
- Excellence in diverse programming that reflects our artistic community
- A resource for all residents in case of an emergency
Your gift is an investment in our KPTZ Community – in the music, people and the cultural richness of our region. When you support KPTZ Radio Port Townsend 91.9 FM, your gift will strengthen the impact of our programming. Your gift as a member will help us accomplish our vision to become a sustainable community radio station and an independent media voice that serves the Northeast Olympic Peninsula.
PLEASE JOIN OUR KPTZ COMMUNITY WITH YOUR MEMBERSHIP GIFT.
The easiest way to become a Member is through our Sustaining Gift program which is an automatic monthly payment. If you consider the amount you spend on coffee, tea or other favorite beverage each month, then coming up with a monthly amount for KPTZ should be easy to figure out. Click here to become a Member.
NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT KPTZ? IF YOU LOVE NUMBERS, HERE THEY ARE.
The Budget numbers:
- 68% of our income is from individual donors
- 22% from businesses in the community – underwriting
- 10% comes from Event income.
- We get NO MONEY from the Federal Government. Nothing. Zip.
- Our operating budget this year is $148,500
- Our station programming cost $35 per hour
The Station Numbers:
- 95% volunteer run
- 60+ DJ’s, Show Hosts, and program producers
- 90 hours of eclectic programming that is innovative, fresh and diverse.
- 24 programs /week feature DJ’s who broadcast in real time
- 25 programs / week are pre-recorded, edited and played at a scheduled time slot.
- 5 national or regional shows shared by community stations (number is growing!)
- 10 live music concerts or festival remote interviews
- 24 hour/ 7 day airtime — repeat highlights of our weekly programs and feature playlists chosen by our hosts
- 4 Years on the air and streaming.
GROWING WITH LEADERSHIP CIRCLE SUPPORTERS
Given the great strides that KPTZ has made in a short time and the strong support from our members, we are poised for creative expansion in FUNDING, PROGRAMMING and PARTNERSHIPS.
If you would like to support our new LEADERSHIP CIRCLE, you will commit to an ANNUAL GIFT FOR THREE CONSECUTIVE YEARS.
LEADERSHIP CIRCLE donations support KPTZ as we:
- Adapt new technologies so more folks in the County can tune in and listen
- Expand local-focused programs covering the interests and needs of our community
- Expand outreach programs that serve the cultural and educational needs of the community
- Train, guide and steward 60+ volunteers to ensure consistency and dependability for programming and management of the station
- Target younger audiences with innovative programs and internships
- Build partnerships with local businesses, nonprofits, schools, and civic organizations to articulate KPTZ’s mission, goals and strategic direction
You’ll be making an investment in our KPTZ Community. Together we’ll imagine and prepare for what the future will bring – new technologies, strategic opportunities, programming expansion, and community partnerships, as well as challenges yet to be defined. Please come along side us in our journey and join the LEADERSHIP CIRCLE today.
LEADERSHIP CIRCLE Annual Gift Levels
$250 — $500 – $1000 — $2500 — $5000 — $9,190 +
For more information, please contact Nora Petrich, Station Manager.